Monday, July 20, 2009

I Miss the Music

I want my life to be a beautiful blend with God's orchestra; not a sour note that spoils the music. I want to be on pitch - not flat or sharp. Following the conductor; not out of rhythm! Coming in; cutting off; at His command. Watching for my cues. Knowing my part. Responsible for my instrument. Oh, the wonder of a full orchestra playing as one. An extension of the conductor's hands - as if the music was coming from them. Tension to resolution to rich harmony; full chords. Contrasting melodies that move in and out and among each other. Delighting the senses. Drawing forth deep emotion. Pulling the best of what's inside of us up and out into the air around us. Hearts resonate perfectly tuned to the perfection of the Heart of God.

The prayers of God's children, when tuned to His Heart and following His baton, change the world. A never-ending sound, true to the original composition; a reflection of the genius of the Composer.

No comments:

Post a Comment